Welcome to the guide in which I will teach you How to Download and Install Android Oreo on Mi 5.So today we are here with Android Oreo for Mi 5.
Mi 5 was launched in April 2016.Mi 5 has a 5.15 inches display with a resolution 1080 x 1920 pixels at 428 PPI(Pixels Per Inch).Mi 5 as non-removable 3000 mAH battery.Mi 5 runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 which is a Quad-core CPU.Mi 5 has a 16MP(Mega Pixel) Back camera with f/2.0 aperture and a 4MP(Mega Pixel) front camera with f/2.0 aperture.Mi 5 has three different variants in which two variants have 32/64GB internal memory with 3GB of RAM and a 128GB internal memory variant with 4GB of RAM.
Before we start with How to Download and Install Android Oreo on Mi 5, let’s have a look at features of Android Oreo.
- 1 Features of Android Oreo
- 2 Android Oreo for Mi 5
- 3 Lineage OS 15
- 4 Pre-Requirements
- 5 Advantages after you Download and install Android Oreo on Mi 5
- 6 Disadvantages after you Download and Install Android Oreo on Mi 5
- 7 Files needed for How to Download and Install Android Oreo on Mi 5
- 8 Install Android Oreo on Mi 5
Features of Android Oreo
- App Browser – This browser helps you to use apps without downloading them, this in turn saves your phone’s storage.
- background limits – This feature gets down the activities happening in the background, this makes your phone much faster.
- AutoFill – Now you don’t have to install apps to get the auto fill feature.Once you give them the permission they will auto-fill data on the apps required by themselves.
- Picture in Picture mode – This feature is very helpful.For example – you want to watch a YouTube video while watching other any other app then this feature will come into use as with this feature you can shirk a YouTube video and drag it anywhere on the screen and continue using the app you were.
- Notification Dot – Now you can view notifications for an app by just taping on a dot which is present on top right corner of the app icon.
Today we are here with How to Download and Install Android Oreo on Mi 5.
Android Oreo for Mi 5
Lineage OS 15
This is a custom ROM which offers you all the features which are present in the all-new Android Oreo.This custom ROM is properly stable and there is no lang or hang.Custom ROMs increase your phone’s battery life and performance speed.
Before we start with How to Download and Install Android Oreo on Mi 5, there are some pre-requirements which are needed to be taken care of.
- Don’t try this update on any other phone as this update is only for Mi 5.
- Your phone should be charged more than 60%.
- You should have CWM or TWRP recovery installed on your phone for this update to work.
- Take a complete Backup of your data.
Advantages after you Download and install Android Oreo on Mi 5
- You will get all the features that are there in Android Oreo.
- Your phone’s battery life and performance speed will increase.
- You can customise your phone to totally next level.
Disadvantages after you Download and Install Android Oreo on Mi 5
- You will lose your phone’s warranty.
- You will lose all your data, so we request you to take a complete backup of your data.
Files needed for How to Download and Install Android Oreo on Mi 5
Gapps – Download
Lineage OS 15 – Download
Install Android Oreo on Mi 5
Step 1: First you have to download Lineage OS 15 for Mi 5 and Gapps from the links provided above.
Step 2: Now you have to put both files into your phone’s internal memory
Step 3: Now you have to Turn off your smartphone.
Step 4: Now you have boot into CWM or TWRP recovery mode, for doing so you have to Press and hold Power Button and Volume Up button together.
Step 5: Release the keys once you are in Recovery mode.
Step 6: Now you have to click on BackUp and take a Backup of your current OS.
Step 7: Now you have to click on Wipe and then click on Wipe/Factory reset.
Step 8: Now you have to click on install and then select the Lineage OS 15 zip file and Gapps zip file.
Step 9: Now you have to confirm the installation by swiping the blue button towards the right.
Step 10: Now you have to reboot your device.
Step 11: That’s it you have Android Oreo on Mi 5.
We are successfully done with How to Download and Install Android Oreo on Mi 5, if you have any doubts then you can just comment below.