How to Download and Install Android Oreo on Redmi Note 4
Welcome to the Guide in which I will teach you How to Download and Install Android Oreo on Redmi Note 4.So today we are sharing Android Oreo for Redmi Note 4.
Redmi Note 4 launched in January 2017.Redmi Note 4 comes with a 5.5 inch full HD display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels at 401 PPI(Pixels Per Inch).Redmi Note 4 runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 which is an Octa-Core CPU clocked at 2.0 GHz.It has a 4100 mAH Battery.It has a 13MP(Mega Pixel) back camera with f/2.0 aperture and a 5MP(Mega Pixel)front camera with f/2.0 aperture.There are 3 models with either 2/3 GB RAM with 32GB internal memory or 4GB RAM and 64GB Internal memory.
Before we start with How to Download and Install Android Oreo on Redmi Note 4, let’s have a look at what Android Oreo has to offer us.
Features of Android Oreo
- The picture in Picture Mode – This feature is very useful.For example – You want to watch a YouTube video and at the same time use any other app then this feature is useful as with this feature you can shrink the YouTube video and drag it anywhere on the screen and use the app.
- App Browser – This Browser helps you to use an app without downloading them, this in turns save your phone’s storage.
- Notification Dot – This feature helps you to view notifications from an app just by taping on a Dot present at the top-right corner of the app icon.
- Background Limits – This feature gets down the activities happening in the background, this in turn makes your smartphone faster.
- AutoFill-Now you don’t have to install apps to get the autofill feature as the Android Oreo has it inbuilt.If you give them the permission then they will fill the data required on apps automatically, this in turn makes your smartphone usage faster and smoother.
So today we’ve got you How to Download and Install Android Oreo on Redmi Note 4.
Lineage OS 15
This is a custom ROM which brings you all the features in the all-new Android Oreo.This custom ROM is properly stable and there is no hang.Custom ROMs increases your smartphone’s battery life and performance speed.
There are some pre-requirements before we start to Download and Install Android Oreo on Redmi Note 4.
Android Oreo for Redmi Note 4
- Don’t try this update on any other phone as this update is only for Redmi Note 4.
- Your phone should be charged more than 60%.
- You should have CWM or TWRP Recovery installed on your phone for this trick to work.
- Take a complete backup, so that even if you mess up you can get back.
Advantages of Lineage OS 15
- You will get the features that are there in Android Oreo.
- You can customise your phone totally to a next level.
- Your phone’s speed and battery life will increase.
Disadvantages of Lineage OS 15
- You will lose your phone’s warranty but you can get it back by coming back to current OS through backup and by deleting all the custom ROM files.
- You will lose all your data, so take a complete backup.
Gapps – Download
Lineage OS 15 – Download
Install Android Oreo on Redmi Note 4
Step 1: First you have to download Lineage OS 15 and Gapps from the links given above.
Step 2: Now you have to put them in your Phone’s internal memory.
Step 3: Turn off your Redmi Note 4.
Step 4: Now boot into CWM or TWRP recovery, for doing so press and hold the Power button and Volume Up button together.
Step 5: Once you are in recovery mode leave the buttons.
Step 6: Now click on BackUp and take a Backup of your current OS.
Step 7: Now click Wipe and then click on Wipe data/factory reset.
Step 8: Now you have to click on install and select LineageOS15.zip file and gapps.zip file, which we had downloaded earlier.
Step 9: Confirm the installation by swiping the blue button towards the right.
Step 10: Once the installation is complete, you will receive a notification.
Step 11: Now reboot your Redmi Note 4.
Step 12: That’s it you are done!!
We have successfully installed Android Oreo on your Redmi Note 4.I hope you liked our guide and if you have any doubts then just comment below.