Android is getting more secure with reach new release and is increasingly posing a challenge for developers to gain root access on Android devices and alter the system files.Last year an XDA developer named topjohnwu,who has developed a new system less interface called Magisk,which basically combines the features of SuperSu and Xposed framework.Magisk is currently the best alternative to chain fire SuperSu in fact it’s much better than SuperSu in some aspects.Unlike SuperSu which only grants or denies root permissionfor specific apps magisk can hide root from an app completely meaning you can use apps like Snapchat and Pokemon Go which don’t work on rooted devices.You can also install tons of mods using Magisk without even installing xposed framework and it works on Android version 5.0 lollipop or higher.So now let that being said let’s get started with How to install Magisk on any Android device.
before we get started with How to install Magisk on any Android device ,there are some Prerequisites that are to be followed.
- First you phone should have a unlocked bootloader.
- Second you should have Pre-Installed TWRP recovery on your device.
- Last but not the least you phone should have at least 65%+ charge.
Let’s get started with How to install Magisk on any Android device.
How to Install Magisk on any Android device
- Step 1 : You can install Magisk easily with the help of flashable zip file from the XDA Fourms.
- Step 2 :From XDA Fourms you have to download two files one is the latest Magisk’s zip file and the second one is the Magisk Manager.
- Step 3 :Now once you have downloaded both the files put them in the internal storage of your device.
- Step 4: Now boot into TWRP Recovery mode by using your specific key combination which varies from device to device if you don’t know your device’s key combination then you can just Google it out.
- Step 5:Now after you have successfully booted into TWRP recovery then first i would suggest you to take the backup of your current ROM as in case you edit with boot loop then you can easily restore your ROM by simply going to the Restore sections.
- Step 6 : Once you have done that go back and click on install and navigate the Magisk zip file and flash it by swiping the blue button towards the right(during the flashing the installer modifies the boot Image of your device and creates Magisk image partition in your smartphone’s root directory).
- Step 7 : Now once the installation is done reboot you device.
- Step 8 : Now when you device successfully boots up it means Magisk has now been installed.
- Step 9 : Now to manage Magisk you have to install the Magisk Manager on your device that we downloaded earlier ,but before installing make sure your unknown sources is enabled from the setting.
- Step 10:Now once the app is installed you are good to go.
- Now you are done with install Magisk on any Android device.
Now as you open Magisk Manager you will see the basic layout of Magisk Manager.When you swipe right you can see some advanced options like SuperUser,Modules and Magisk with these options you can tweak you device.From SuperUser you can manage the Root privileges to different apps.Then the Modules section allows the user to install different Mods.Magisk Hide options does not lets app detect Magisk.
Basically using Magisk you can gain root access,modify various elements,install handy modules and gain complete control over your device even without tempering or modifying the system partitions.So guys if you have any queries related to How to install Magisk on any Android devices then you can just comment below.I’ll see you in the next one.