- 1 How to Update Samsung S6 to Android Oreo
- 2 Features of Android Oreo
How to Update Samsung S6 to Android Oreo
Do you want to Update Samsung Galaxy S6 to Android Oreo? If yes, then you are at the right place as today we’ve got you Android Oreo for Samsung Galaxy S6?
Samsung Galaxy S6 has 5.1 inches display with a resolution of 1440*2560 at 577 PPI(Pixel Per Inch).Samsung Galaxy S6 runs has 32/64/128 GB Internal storage with 3GB of RAM.It has a 2550 mAH battery.Samsung Galaxy S6 runs on Exynos 7420 Octa which is an Octa Core CPU.Samsung Galaxy S6 has 16MP(Mega Pixel)back camera with f/1.9 aperture and its front camera has a 5MP(Mega Pixel) with f/1.9 aperture.
So guys before we start with Installing of Android Oreo for Samsung Galaxy S6.
Features of Android Oreo
- Notification Dots – This feature helps you to view the notifications of an app just by taping on the Dot on the top-right corner of the app icon.
- App browser – This browser helps you to use apps without downloading them and it in turns, it saves internal storage.
- The picture in Picture Mode- This Feature is very helpful.For Example – You want to watch a YouTube Video while using other apps then this feature is helpful as with this you can shrink the YouTube video and drag it anywhere on the screen and use the app and at the same time use the app.
- Auto Fill – Now you don’t have to install apps to get the Autofill feature as the Android Oreo as it inbuilt.If you give the permission then they will autofill the data on the apps required and this, in turn makes your smartphone usage faster.
- Background Limits – This feature gets down the activities happening in the background , in turn makes your smartphone faster.
So today we are here with How to Update Samsung Galaxy S6 to Android Oreo
Lineage OS 15
This is a custom ROM which brings you all the features which are present in the all-new Android Oreo.This custom ROM is properly stable and there is no hag.Custom ROMs increases your Battery life and speed.
Before getting started with How to Update Samsung Galaxy S6 to Android Oreo, there are some pre-requirements that are needed to be taken care before you get started with How to Install Android Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S6.Added to this I’ll mention the Advantages after you Install Android Oreo for Samsung Galaxy S6 and the disadvantages after you install Android Oreo for Samsung Galaxy S6.
- Don’t try this update on any other phone as this update is only for Samsung Galaxy S6.
- Take a complete Backup so that even if you mess up you can take a backup.
- Your Phone should be charged more than 60%.
- You should have CWM or TWRP recovery installed for this update to work.
Advantages after you Update Samsung Galaxy S6 to Android Oreo
- You will get the features that are there in Android Oreo.
- You can customise your phone to a totally next level.
- You will have an increased battery life and faster phone.
Disadvantages after you Install Android Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S6
- You will lose your phone’s warranty but you can get it back by getting back to current OS through Backup and deleting all the custom ROMs files.
- You will lose all your data, so take a backup of your files.
Files to Download to Install Android Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S6
GAPPS – Download
Lineage OS 15 –Download
Let’s get started with How to Update Samsung Galaxy S6 to Android Oreo.
Install Android Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S6
Step 1: First You have to Download Lineage OS 15 and GAPPS from the links given above.
Step 2: Put these files in your phone’s internal storage.
Step 3: Now you have to Turn Off your Samsung Galaxy S6.
Step 4: Now you have to boot into CWM or TWRP Recovery, So for doing that (you have to Press and Hold Power button and Volume up Button together).
Step 5: Now Once you are booted into recovery mode, release the buttons.
Step 6: Now you have to Click on BackUp and take a BackUp of your current OS.(This BackUp is needed because if you mess up anywhere then you can just take a backup)
Step 7: Now click on Wipe then Wipe Data/Factory reset.
Step 8: Now you have to click on Install and select the Lineageos15.zip file and GAPPS.zip file.
Step 9: Now confirm the flash by sliding the blue button towards the right.
Step 10: Once the installation is complete, you will receive a notification.
Step 11: Now reboot your Samsung Galaxy S6 and you are done.
Now we are successfully done with How to install Android Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S6 to Android Oreo and if you have any doubts related to How to Update Samsung Galaxy S6 to Android Oreo then just comment below.